At the Diabetes and Endocrine Institute, health and lifestyle merge. The institute takes a comprehensive approach to treating overall health, diabetes, and body metabolism in order to help patients achieve a “reset” to live a healthy life.
Dr. Woo’s unique credentials allow him to help patients live their best life, not only through traditional medicine, but also through tested and established lifestyle practices. Dr. Woo works with patients to enable them to realize their greatest well being.
Not only is Dr. Woo an expert and board certified in endocrinology, he is credentialed by the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine. He is also one of a few physicians in Mississippi who is a Certified Diabetes Educator, a health care professional who is trained in teaching people with diabetes how to manage their disease better.
• Dr. Woo is one of the few physicians in Mississippi who has been recognized by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for nine years.
• The American Board of Lifestyle Medicine has granted Dr. Woo the title of Diplomat and Certified Lifestyle Medicine Physician based on education, implementation and certification in lifestyle medicine.
• The American Board of Obesity Medicine has granted Dr. Woo the title of Diplomat.
• The Diabetes and Endocrine Institute has been recognized by the ADA as an Educational Center for the last 6 years consecutively.
• Dr. Woo personally received an award as a nationwide finalist for Diabetes Educator of the Year at the National American Association of Diabetic Educators meeting in August 2010, recognizing his commitment, efforts, and passion in helping his patients with diabetes lead healthier lives.
Diabetes is not just an individual’s condition to manage; it has proven to be a disease of entire families. The philosophies of our programs can be utilized by individuals who don’t necessarily have the condition. Our clinic encourages everyone to be “metabolically fit”. Metabolic fitness means maintaining leveled blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar across the board for extended periods of time.
Dr. Wayne Woo and his wife, Pat Woo, help patients understand how healthy decisions go hand in hand with medical expertise when it comes to treating diseases. The clinic’s unique approach to treatment encourages patients to make changes in their meal plans, their attitude, and their expectations. Combined with Dr. Woo’s solid medical expertise, people with diabetes in Mississippi are offered “hope, healing, and health.”